screen |skr_n| |skrin| |skri_n| noun • a blank, typically white or silver surface on which a photographic image is projected : the world's largest movie screen • movies or television; the motion-picture industry : she's a star of the stage as well as the screen. verb [ trans. ] • protect (someone) from something dangerous or unpleasant • evaluate or analyze (something) for its suitability for a particular purpose or application


Friday, August 19, 2011

Fright Night

Too dark! “But Doug! Shouldn’t a vampire movie BE dark??” Well, I don’t mean thematically dark. I mean the 3-D was too dark, and I couldn’t really see the action. Granted, there are some cool 3-D shots near the end, but I guess I’d rather actually SEE the movie. So far this year, Colin Ferrell played a Russian prisoner in the meathody drama The Way Back. Then he played one of the Horrible Bosses. So the guy’s versatile – I’ll give him that. He’s the best thing about Fright Night, which is an ordinary, suburban campfire tale with nothing new to add to the formula.

No comments:

Post a Comment